Seattle, Puget Sound Region
$75,000 to $98,000*
Electrical Designer (Entry Level)
Role Overview: Qualified applicants should possess an entry level understanding of buildings engineering concepts and be capable of working with senior level staff to support basic electrical engineering design tasks. Tasks include electrical load calculations, electrical device layout and coordination, mechanical coordination, branch circuit design, distribution equipment sizing and feeder design, and use of AutoCAD and Revit to produce design engineering drawings.
- Conduct basic interpretations of drawings, codes, and other similar materials.
- Use Revit and AutoCAD software to produce contract documentation to communicate electrical design information.
- Attend meetings and perform interdisciplinary coordination with architects, other engineering disciplines, and contractors to deliver quality projects to our clients.
- Perform preliminary site assessments and construction project observations.
- Performs calculations to analyze and design individual building electrical system components using industry standard software and internal tools including short circuit/arc flash studies.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assist with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Conduct site observation reports and assist in review of RFIs during construction phase activities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a highly collaborative professional environment. Ability to proactively engage in creative and critical thinking.
- Understanding of electrical engineering concepts and the ability to effectively communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical project team members, using a variety of methods including email, phone calls, and virtual meetings.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards including the National Electrical Code, Washington State\Seattle Energy Codes, FGI Guidelines, and NFPA 72, 99, 101, and 110.
- Understanding of Revit and AutoCAD, and the use of the software as a drafting and design tool.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SKM Power.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent degree.
- Internship or other applicable prior experience in MEP consulting engineering field preferred. Experience in healthcare, commercial, aviation, civic, and higher education markets is a plus.
- Engineer-in-Training (NCEES EIT) a plus
- LEED accreditation a plus
Work Environment & Requirements:
- Typical business hours are between 7 AM and 5 PM. At times, work hours will require off hours work outside of normal business hours and may include work on Saturday and Sunday to meet project deadlines and support project requirements for clients with 24×7 business operations (typically less than 10% of time).
- Travel required within the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. Typically, 5% of the time.
- The work environment will primarily be in-office at the Company Tukwila or Lynnwood office location to facilitate employee technical growth and mentoring by peers and senior engineering staff. Working with computers and remaining sedentary for extended periods of time while performing technical calculations and developing mechanical drawings/models.
- Field work which may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather and include transport and handling of sensitive electronic equipment of up to 30 pounds.
- Physical attendance to perform field investigation, attend in-person design meetings at client/architect locations.
- Compliance with background check & vaccination policies as required by firm clients which may include Covid, Flu, and other vaccinations as part of Owner requirements for working on site at client facilities.
EBD Services offers a competitive benefits package including the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plan: 100% of premiums paid by the Company for employee, spouse/partner, and their dependents.
- 401(k) plan including safe harbor company funding of up to 4% of employee base salary.
- Professional membership fee coverage
- Ten paid holidays in each calendar year.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Leave of up to 25 days per year
- Eligible for paid leave in accordance with the State of Washington FMLA requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
EBD Services provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. EBD Services complies with all local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
*Final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. Certain roles at EBD Services are bonus eligible.