Seattle, Puget Sound Region
$105,000 to $125,000*
Mechanical Design Engineer (5+ years)
Role Overview: Qualified applicants should possess a strong understanding of buildings engineering and industry experience to consistently produce project deliverables that meet project requirements and client expectations. Work consists of advanced mechanical design for the built environment including but not limited to HVAC, piping and plumbing, and the use of digital practice technology such as Revit as well as mechanical engineering specific computer applications.
- Lead mechanical engineering designs (calculations, plans, specifications) for projects.
- Mentor and train team members.
- Manage project fees and schedules to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Conduct field work including data gathering, documentation of existing conditions, and equipment analysis to inform design decisions.
- Write reports based on data gathered.
- Manage client relationships.
- Conduct site observation reports, review product submittals, and respond to RFIs during construction phase activities.
- Participate in interdisciplinary design team meetings with Owner, Architect, Design Engineering, and Contractor partners.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative professional environment. Ability to proactively engage in creative and critical thinking.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and the ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues. Communicate to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, and internal and external team members, using a variety of methods including email, phone calls, and virtual meetings.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards including International Mechanical Code, Washington State\Seattle Energy Codes, Uniform Plumbing Code, FGI Guidelines, and ASHRAE standards.
- Ability to operate as a team leader.
- Understanding of Revit and AutoCAD, and the use of the software as a drafting and design tool.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of work experience. Prior experience in MEP consulting engineering field preferred. Experience in healthcare, commercial, aviation, civic, and higher education markets is a plus.
- Professional Engineer License
- LEED accreditation a plus
Work Environment & Requirements:
- Typical business hours are between 7 AM and 5 PM. At times, work hours will require off hours work outside of normal business hours and may include work on Saturday and Sunday to meet project deadlines and support project requirements for clients with 24×7 business operations (typically less than 10% of time).
- Travel required within the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada. Typically, 10% of the time.
- Hybrid office/work-from home environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for extended periods of time while performing technical calculations and developing mechanical drawings/models.
- Field work which may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather and include transport and handling of sensitive electronic equipment of up to 30 pounds.
- Physical attendance to perform field investigation, attend in-person design meetings at client/architect locations.
- Compliance with background check & vaccination policies as required by firm clients which may include Covid, Flu, and other vaccinations as part of Owner requirements for working on site at client facilities.
EBD Services offers a competitive benefits package including the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision plan: 100% of premiums paid by the Company for employee, spouse/partner, and their dependents.
- 401(k) plan including safe harbor company funding of up to 4% of employee base salary.
- Professional membership fee coverage
- Ten paid holidays in each calendar year.
- Paid Vacation/Sick Leave of up to 25 days per year
- Eligible for paid leave in accordance with the State of Washington FMLA requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
EBD Services provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. EBD Services complies with all local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
*Final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. Certain roles at EBD Services are bonus eligible.